Namaste Tribe! Filecoin (FIL) is listed on WazirX and you can buy, sell, trade FIL in our USDT market.
What about FIL Deposits & Withdrawals?
FIL is a part of our Rapid Listing Initiative. Hence, we will start FIL trading without enabling its deposits and withdrawals. What does it mean for you?
- Deposits — You won’t be able to deposit FIL from another wallet to WazirX
- Trading — You will be able to buy, sell, trade FIL in our USDT market. When you buy FIL, it will appear in your “Funds”
- Withdrawals — You won’t be able to withdraw FIL from your WazirX wallet. You can, however, sell it in the USDT market
Don’t worry, you’ll be able to deposit/withdraw FIL on WazirX very soon. Read more about the Rapid Listing Initiative here.
Filecoin is a decentralized storage system that aims to “store humanity’s most important information.” The project raised $205 million in an initial coin offering (ICO) in 2017, and initially planned a launch date for mid-2019. However, the launch date for the Filecoin mainnet was pushed back until block 148,888, which is expected in mid-October 2020.
The project was first described back in 2014 as an incentive layer for the Interplanetary File System (IPFS), a peer-to-peer storage network. Filecoin is open protocol and backed by a blockchain that records commitments made by the network’s participants, with transactions made using FIL, the blockchain’s native currency. The blockchain is based on both proof-of-replication and proof-of-spacetime.
- Trading price (past 24 hrs): $38.43 USD
- Global Market Cap (past 24 hrs): $825,540,287 USD
- Global Trading Volume (past 24 hrs): $328,015,892 USD
- Circulating Supply: 21,483,994 FIL
- Total Supply: 2,000,000,000 FIL